Dating in a big city seems all fun until you give it a try and that it’s also a bit tricky. It could be heaven, but it could also mean hell to you. Because of the large numbers and the fact that people come from different walks of life makes things way different from when you’re dating someone in the countryside. You’ll find stuff like dating over the internet quite impressive, thanks to online dating merchant account holders for making these services available.
Here are the things you’re most likely to encounter on the city—some sweet, others bitter!
- You have the chance to meet lots of new people constantly! So prepare to respond accordingly.
- You’ve become an online dating freak and developed perfect small talk skills.
- Dating someone away from your area is like having a long-distance relationship so you’ll need your earphones on the one-hour train ride.
- City people can’t commit because the 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. hassle is too real. But it’s nothing to take personally. You may be in the same shoe someday.
- There’s that weird moment in public when you two meet on the first date, and you don’t know whether you should lock lips, hug or shake hands.
- Most city people have three to four roommates; if this is the case with your date, it means you have to host all sleepovers.
- Competition is real! Wait until you realize that the beautiful model in your borough is planning to steal your date!
- The city is too big yet so small. You might bump into your partner on the subway when strolling with pals. Don’t get too shocked to say hey!
- There’s that awkward first date with the love of your life where you meet, play stare tag, then nothing happens at all until one person leaves.
- Misery follows a breakup until you notice you no longer need to see the person again. And the good thing there’s always a shoulder to lie on, just be sure the comforter doesn’t take advantage of you.
Author Bio: Electronic payments expert Blair Thomas co-founded eMerchantBroker, America’s leading online dating merchant account provider serving both traditional and high-risk merchants. His passions include producing music, and traveling to far off exotic places.